Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sleepless in Hawaii But Getting Better

Still a whole lot of coughing at night and complaints about a sore belly as well as lingering whining...but overall it seems the worst is over and the norm is yet to come. (knock on wood) The day did begin with a split lip though..need you wonder who? Dayton of course. He banged his mouth trying to get into his chair for breakfast and his tooth pierced his lip. Certainly not the first time that has happened. He said, "first my chin and now my lip and spittin up Monday, Wensday and Fursday." Then he started to cry. Poor thing. On the upside, since I've been spending so much time with him, I've noticed that he's doing and saying lots of new things that he must be picking up from school. Like counting in spanish???? Umm...hello...either Dora is doing a great job teaching him or he's picking it up at school because I most certainly cannot count in Spanish. This morning he was throwing a toy across the room on the floor and jumping over to it. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was "playing hopscotch." I just sort of gave him a strange look...who taught him about hopscotch? It makes me happy that he is enjoying school and learning new things. I just wish they were germ free. This week is Catholic Schools Week Celebrations (I'm not really sure what that is) and Saige and I get to join Dayton for lunch at school on Tuesday. It should be fun - I'm sure he'll enjoy showing me everything that he does.

No comments: