Friday, June 26, 2009

YaYas Are The Greatest Gift

Ya-Ya...the name given to my mother in law when she became a "grandparent"....loved by both Dayton & Saige and treasured by me. She is such a help and a huge blessing to our family. Many people I know roll their eyes when in laws are mentioned - not me. She arrived on Wednesday to help out during these final days of swollen fatness and will be staying through the birth of the baby. Always willing and ready to cook, clean, run errands or occupy the kids. This time (as with all other times) she came packed with goodies for the children. She is handing out surprises each day...on the condition that the kids listen and are good. (Yeah right!...that's what she says, but we all know that even if bad they would still get a surprise the next day) So far we've acquired a large bouncy ball, some new princess jewelry, sidewalk chalk, a magnifying glass and a magic princess wand. Dayton says that if she runs out of surprises then "we can go to my mall and buy some more." Spoiled? Nah.... Yesterday she and Dayton went to the grocery and they came home with a box of Trix. He asked if he could eat it for lunch...I said no. He asked his YaYa, she said maybe if he took a nap he could have some after nap. He asked me if "that be alright." I said yes. He napped for 2 hours! I was able to nap for over an hour....after that I was agreeable to just about anything. She might not have a chance to read this while she's here (right now she is outside hunting for bugs and it isn't even 9am) but eventually she will and I certainly hope she knows how much I appreciate her help. One of the many blessings in my life.

No comments: