Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pitiful Dayton

Well, we decided to keep Dayton home from school today and replace it with a trip to the doctor since he spent a lot of time awake, coughing and choking last night. Very low grade fever and still bouts of loose potty. The doctor of course felt he was mildly dehydrated and said he needed to drink more and be eating better before going back to school. No antibiotics, no cough medicines (he is so conservative with medications and little ones) just rest and fluids. I was beginning to think we were doing a bit better today since he did eat some mac'n cheese and didn't complain about his belly after. It has been hard getting him to drink though. I am constantly telling him to take small sips here and there, but I don't even think he is sipping enough to wet his lips. So we were sent home with instructions that he needs to have a pee at least once a day. *sigh* Well that was this morning...this afternoon he now has a fever and just had a horrible bout of choking followed by some more vomiting and still no pee today. I thought we were over that last Sunday. I guess not. So now I am extra worried about the possibility of a hospitalization for dehydration. Will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

OH NO! I hope Dayton gets better soon...two trips to the ER in one month would not be good. :-)