Friday, January 23, 2009

My New Little Bed

It was NOT a good night last night...for any of us. After several bouts of spasmodic coughing/choking followed by vomiting, we decided to put Dayton's mattress in our room on the floor so that he might feel a little better. He liked the idea and initially slept ok, but woke up with several choking episodes and throwing up. We haven't quite figured out if he is suffering from a stomach flu or if the vomiting is triggered by his choking episodes. For the most part, it seems to be related to the latter. Finally, around 1am he slept peacefully. I floated in and out of sleep, worried about my little boy. This morning he has drank a little bit better; though not his normal amount and ate half a banana and a mini muffin. He kept that down but did complain about his belly hurting about 2 hours after eating. Close to lunch he asked if I was going to make him lunch...he ate a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It is now 2 hours after that meal and it also seems to be staying down. He's trying to nap right now but having a hard time because of the choking episodes. I'm worried it may trigger another "spit up" as he calls it. Initially he wanted his bed set back up in his room (which I thought was a good sign), but after several episodes he sweetly asked me if I could put his "new little bed" back in Mommy's room. Very cute, and hopefully not a habit, but much better than kicking me all night and choking in my ear. To be continued I suppose....here's hoping for a weekend filled with recovery.

No comments: