Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Through The Eyes Of Dayton

This may be another one of those stories that turns out to be anti-climactic for the reader, but for the mother (meaning me) I am still quite amazed by it. So one morning I was cleaning up from breakfast and Dayton kept saying "wook mom a bork" over and over. Now normally I can decipher his language but I hadn't drank my coffee yet and really don't think I was awake. I kept telling him I had no idea what he was trying to say and he kept repeating himself, hoping I would understand. Finally, he realized that I had no clue and he needed to find an alternate means of telling me as it was obviously important that he get his point across. He went to the utensil drawer and was reaching around inside (of course I'm telling him to get out of it, not knowing that he was still trying to tell me something). He got out a fork and brought it over and placed it on the floor and pointed to this patch of sun on the floor and said "wook mom, a bork...same same." Ah...I finally understood and in my amazement I managed to capture the moment on film. He was trying to tell me that the sun on the floor looked like a fork. I still can't decide if I'm more amazed at his creativity or his ability to find another way to communicate with me. Of course, every morning now, he looks for the sun patch and tries to decipher what it looks like.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That is such an awesome bork!