Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm

A beautiful drive up towards Haleakala National Park brought us to a really neat Lavender farm. It certainly wasn't anything exciting; just really pretty. The drive got a little steep and I actually felt a little bit light headed, but that could have been because I was trying to take pictures while driving and look at our guide book. The kids slept through it all. It smelled so fresh and was about 10-15 degrees cooler up there. If you stood close to the fields of lavender you could hear a slight buzz from all of the bees. I think on one of the pictures you can actually see them. We would have loved to do the full drive up to the summit but it was over 10,000 feet up and consisted of one lane switchback roads. Given the success of the Superferry, I didn't really want a repeat in my car! Another thing to add to the list of must sees minus kids! Are you all tired of our journal of the Maui trip yet?

No comments: