Friday, August 13, 2010

So Sweet I Just Had To Share

So I bought Dayton some new socks for school (he starts Kindergarten Aug 24th) and I was second guessing his size because they just looked a little big.  I get really bothered when I see kids with their socks all munched up in their shoes for some reason.  This morning I was taking the tags off to put them in the laundry basket and I asked him to try one on to see if they fit.  He wanted to know why, so I told him they just looked a little big for him and I wasnʻt sure if I bought the right size....cause you know 4 year olds require an explanation for EVERYTHING.  He put one on and sure enough it fit...I said something like this:  "Wow, youʻre getting so big and it makes me so sad."  He said, "Thatʻs okay mom, Iʻll always be your little boy."  Talk about make my heart melt and bring tears to my eyes.  Kids just say the funniest and sweetest things sometimes.

No comments: