Friday, September 26, 2008

A Year Ago Today...

We arrived in Honolulu...a tired two year old, a newborn, two stinky dogs, 8 suitcases of luggage, one stroller, two car seats, one mother-in-law, and no belongings. But hey, who cares, we just moved to Hawaii. I would have pinched myself but my hands were too busy. Due to our extensive amount of luggage, we were fortunate enough to catch a limo straight out of the 70's! Velvet interior, plastic crystal champagne glasses, a non-english speaking driver with no teeth...but I'm getting a little off topic here. We survived many weeks with no toys, no furniture except some horribly distasteful rented stuff (2 beds, 4 chairs, a table and a TV) and living out of suitcases...oh, and adjusting to life without A/C I might add. I hear some snickers in my audience...what?..no sympathy for us? Anyhow, since I'm so reminiscent, I thought I would share some house pictures...somehow those have not made their way into blogging life.
Our House from the backyard.
Our recently renovated lower back lanai (patio for those who don't know the term lanai)
Our open concept dining/living area.
Alternate view of dining area.
Lower lanai looking out of breakfast room.
Breakfast room with view of Koko Crater.
Alternate view of breakfast area.
View from Dayton's Room.
View from dining room.
Our nightly view from almost any room in the house.
View of house from Makapu'u lighthouse trail. If you click the picture to enlarge it, our house is the one on the ridge farthest to the left with the reddish roof.

No comments: