Monday, September 22, 2008

A Problem With Pillows

Scott would say that I have an obsession with pillows and tell you that I buy 25 pillows over the course of a year. I think he exaggerates. I do buy pillows quite frequently, but that is because they never last. I need to find something that lasts. Something that doesn't lose its shape. Something that you don't have to flip over during the night because it becomes uncomfortable. Something that doesn't cause my ear to cramp up. And something that Scott isn't allergic to. He swears he is allergic to down...and I love down pillows. That synthetic down stuff just doesn't cut it. Well, recently I purchased one of those Tempurpedic memory foam pillows and I love it...it really is comfortable, but I find it a little small. It is smaller than your standard sized pillow and I like King sized ones. I'm also a side sleeper and find that it doesn't accommodate my jaw (of course, that could be related to my recent surgery). So we went back to the store so I could look at the side sleeper Tempurpedic pillows. First off, it is gross to "try out" pillows - no explanation needed. They were comfy, but too small. The lady suggested I try a Latex pillow. They came in King Size...I was so excited. There are only two types too, that made "trying" a little easier. Soft and Firm. I liked both but felt a little bit like my head was on a rubber ball with the firm one. I opted for Soft. It was 100$....Scott rolled his eyes and told the lady I've got a pillow problem. I've slept on it two nights now...both nights I've still had jaw pain. I'm hoping once my mouth heals up I will fall in love with my pillow. Until then, I'm sleeping on my back with my Tempurpedic pillow. The jury is still out on Latex. Hugs and kisses to my husband who has been and remains supportive during my search for the perfect pillow.

No comments: