Monday, August 11, 2008

The Day We Left For Maui

So I thought I would start to post some pictures from our family vacation to Maui - for storytelling purposes I am going to post them in order. So here we go... Our alarm went off at 4am since we needed to be at the port to board the car on the ferry 90 minutes before departure. As you know (those with little ones) it is a challenge to get out the door on time for anything especially at 4am! We decided to get everything ready and let the kids sleep until the car was ready to pull out of the garage. It took a couple of pokes and prods to get Dayton up. He kept rolling over and hiding his head under my pillow. After a few mentions of the "boat" he decided to wake up. Saige on the other hand did NOT like the pokes and prods and was intent on screaming the whole time. (Don't forget that both kids had colds) Saige eventually stopped screaming in the car. I managed to snap a happy picture of Dayton and he wanted me to snap a picture of his travelling buddy. (Dora, not Saige) I decided not to take a picture of Saige since she had finally calmed down and I didn't think she would appreciate the flash in her eyes. Scott didn't want me to take a picture of him. We had hoped the kids would fall back to sleep in the car on the way to port, but that didn't happen. If only we knew what was about to transpire. To be continued...

No comments: