Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

As a mom I've discovered that boys like to "do" and always need to be busy, so as often as possible I keep Dayton busy "helping" me out. Now I put quotations around helping because more often than not, he is creating more work for me to do but he takes great pride in doing things himself and just loves to help with grown up things. He is always saying "ny do it", "nee do it", "Dee help"...so he helps with laundry and actually knows how to sort lights/darks AND use the proper settings on the washing machine...he loves to make his own meals and can pretty much make mac'n'cheese all by himself with a little help measuring the water...recently he's been helping me make baby food and popsicles...and yes, that is a picture of him doing the dishes. He also helps daddy wash the cars...well, mostly he just plays in the water and causes daddy to say "no" a lot. Now I know, he won't always be this helpful but I am hoping that he learns independence early and will one day thank me for it (or maybe his wife will thank me for it).

No comments: