Thursday, June 17, 2010

Conversations With A 4 Year Old

Entertaining to say the least.  Sometimes frustrating.  Complex.  Can I say scary too?  Since sometimes they include questions I'm just not ready to answer.  I really need to do a better job of writing these things down because one day I won't be able to remember all of them and I really want the kids to be able to laugh about it and share it with their own families.

It's only 8am here and this is how it went...

Dayton was sticking his hands in the back of my hair (I recently got almost 5 inches of hair cut off)... "Mom, I don't see your special eyes."  "Oh they're there dear...they are magic so you can't see them."  "But mom, I don't feel them either."  "Do your special eyes only come out when I'm doing something bad?"  I'm still laughing about it.  I wonder how long I can get away with having these special eyes.

Dayton was making himself waffles this morning and offered to make some for me too.  I had already poured a bowl of cereal so I told him if I was still hungry after finishing that I would let him know.  He said, "Eat your cereal and if you're still hungry then remember in your mind I will make two waffles." "Don't freeget (forget) okay mom?"  "Remember that in your mind."  "If you don't know, your mind is in your forehead."

No comments: