Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Grandparents

I've often wondered where the term grandparents came from but I've never looked into it. I can only assume they are similar to parents, only more grand maybe? Less responsibilities in the parenting department and more of a focus on being grand? Regardless, this title somehow gives them entitlement to spoil their grandkids. Some of my most fond memories are of my grandparents. Their cooking, magic tricks, vacations, gifts and let us not forget the sweets and staying up late. Perhaps I'll have more of an understanding one day when I am a grandparent. Grandpa and Mom Mom came for a week long visit after Addley was born to help out and visit with Dayton & Saige. I'm pretty sure my kids were thoroughly spoiled by the time they left. But that's okay, it's part of their duty as grandparents. We managed to get a bunch of nice photos with the kids. Thank you Mom Mom and Grandpa for all your wonderful presents (the kids play with their crayon sets almost every single day) and for helping out Mommy. We miss you and hope to see you again really soon!







No comments: