Monday, March 23, 2009

Where To Begin...

It seems I've been on a blogging hiatus...and now I am so behind on news and pictures I'm not even sure where to begin. Back to the beginning I suppose is the logical point, but I'm not even sure that I know where that is. Scott has been sick for a long time now it seems...he went on a trip and came back with bronchitis, pneumonia and ear troubles. During the time he was gone, my mother, sister, two nephews and a friend came to visit for two weeks. Dayton came down sick with 105 fever the day after they arrived. Another virus compliments of preschool. He was sick for about a week. Around the time he got better, Saige got sick with the same virus. Around the time she was getting better, my mom got sick and I got sick again. Presumably the same virus. Despite all the illness, we somehow managed to have a nice time, see some of the sites, take some pretty pictures and enjoy some family time. The weather was horrible (by Hawaii standards) much of their visit. They left on Friday the 13th. Since then, Dayton picked up another virus and a double eye infection. Scott is still sick but marginally better. Dayton is better after a week of oral antibiotics and eye antibiotics. I never recovered from the virus from when my family was here and now it has turned into a bad cough and possible sinus infection. Saige is sick again. So, while it seems you've all missed out on a lot, it really hasn't been "good news".
If I dig deep enough into my exhausted memory stores, I could probably find some "good" things and if not "good" things in my book, then likely humorous things in yours...Dayton has learned how to hop on one foot, he has started asking me about outer space and the big dipper (oh, and where I keep my spaceship), his eating has become more picky (who knew that was possible) and he likes to dip odd foods into odd mixtures like pasta into applesauce, he has become a pretty independent dresser, has mastered the art of manipulating his sister and has transitioned from his toddler bed into a twin sized bed. Saige copies absolutely everything her brother says and does, she talks up a storm, throws things when she doesn't get her way, scratches, makes the silliest faces, follows her dogs obsessively, likes to wipe things, has discovered how to take her diaper off even with clothes on, refuses to sleep, discovered how to throw herself out of her crib and has consequently transitioned into a twin sized bed in Dayton's room (another story for another day), she is very independent and yet demands complete equality - if Dayton wants to stand on a chair at the counter, Saige will get a chair so that she can stand there too...if Dayton wants to eat a certain food, so does Saige; even if she doesn't know what it is.
Now lets see if I can get some pictures posted...

No comments: