Saturday, December 20, 2008

Big News

Don't be disappointed by the title! This may just be big news to our family, but I couldn't resist in sharing my excitement and pride. Saige, who is now 17 months old, did her business on the potty last night! She was looking and sounding a little like she was "trying" to go so I asked her and she said yes. I asked her if she wanted to use the potty and she said, "yup". So off we went. She got it all set up with her big brother's Dora seat, I plopped her up there and VOILA! I was soooo proud of her and she was quite proud of herself, asking for toilet paper, asking to flush and wanting to wash her hands! I figured it was just great timing on my part, but was quite impressed that she was comfortable enough to not "hold" it. Then this morning while I was getting her dressed, she told me "pee, pee" and went and put the potty seat on so I got her all undressed and put her on the pot and she peed right away! Now, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I think she might be on the brink of potty training herself! What a Christmas gift that would be.

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

How exciting! We're still not having any luck with Owen, but we've started putting Aki on the potty in the morning and after naps. It's usually 50-50 as to weather she'll pee in the potty, but good to get practice, right?

Miss you! Happy Holidays!

-Nan