Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Is It October Already?

The search for Halloween costumes is on...why oh why can't I find something that is appropriate to wear in the hot weather...it seems everything is geared towards cold climates. I suppose I shouldn't complain since I remember growing up we had to wear coats (and sometimes hats and mitts too) on top of our costumes to stay warm and nobody saw your costume anyhow. Dayton of course want's to dress up like Dora - umm that ain't gonna happen son. Sorry. I tried to convince him that a Diego costume would be cool and he kept telling me "no thanks." We also have the big number 3 this month...*sigh*..the years are slipping by so quickly. I guess I should start my hunt for the perfect "party hat" since that is all he keeps asking for. I hope he isn't disappointed by a party hat from the dollar store. Actually, the other night he said he wanted a "cow". I can't decide what we should do for his birthday. Scott is out of town the whole week prior and doesn't get home until the night before his birthday so I guess whatever I plan, will be a surprise for daddy too. I have a couple of ideas. Well here are a couple of pictures of the kids taken recently...Dayton has a renewed interest in his "not so manly" blue rubber boots (yes the ones daddy bought) and they don't even fit his feet anymore, but he has been insisting on wearing them lately...so as usual, I pick and choose my battles...and blue rubber boots isn't one of them. As you can see, Saige is into climbing on tables these days...she particularly likes glass ones. Dayton yelled "oh no Daige...no cwimbing...mom Daige is cwimbing on daybull." He's such a tattle tale! Personally, I like how she is pointing at the table and saying "down".

No comments: