Monday, April 7, 2008

Where We Are With Allergy Testing





We've done 32 skin tests and discovered an allergy to dust mites & horses. Guess I need to sell my horses AND dust more often. Kind of pointless when you live in Hawaii with your windows open 24/7. Food allergy results were inconclusive and so we went ahead and did RAST testing (testing for antibodies in the blood). After 2 different labs had no success finding a vein, the 3rd time was the charm. Finally, Saige donated. We will have our blood results in 2 weeks at our follow up appointment. So, in the meantime I continue on with my elimination diet. For those of you that didn't know, I started an elimination of all dairy, eggs, wheat, nuts, shellfish, citrus, tree nuts and seafood from my diet in an effort to help figure out what was causing such severe eczema and constant face rubbing as well as reflux problems. I am still on the elimination diet but have re-introduced wheat. Thus far there has been no significant relapse, but we still have to spot treat areas daily all over her body. In the process, I've discovered she's sensitive to sesame. I know many of you were concerned about me eliminating so much from my diet and yes I have lost a bit of weight (that seems to have stopped now), but the improvements have just been so worth it. I will keep you all posted when we have some results. Here are some before and after pictures.

No comments: